Associate, Foundations, Development
Associate, Foundations, Development
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
The Associate position on Ceres’ Foundation Team is a strong fit for a highly motivated candidate interested in working in a mission-driven, dynamic and fast-moving organization that has been recognized as one of the most effective environmental NGOs in the world. The position has significant growth potential with opportunities for increasing responsibility over time. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical, writing, editing, and verbal communication skills, be a fast learner, and able to manage challenging and competing deadlines. The Associate will be an integral part of a six-person team that manages a large portfolio of foundation funders and prospective funders. The Associate will report to the Senior Manager of Foundation Development.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide support to senior members of the Foundation Team including:
- Assist Foundation Team members and program staff in preparing and submitting letters of inquiry and proposals across select program areas;
- Research potential foundation funders and evaluate fit with Ceres’ programs.
- Support communication of breaking news, key successes, and timely invitations to events to advance foundation relationships:
- Schedule internal meetings with program staff and external meetings with foundations;
- Participate in internal and external meetings to capture key points and next steps through writing and distributing notes.
- Support project management and writing activities to ensure timely creation of foundation reports that clearly articulate the activities, outcomes and impact of select Ceres’ programs (Climate & Energy Policy, others TBD) achieved with the foundation grant award:
- Work closely with senior foundation staff and staff of select programs to track, assess and document progress towards programmatic goals;
- Process grant agreements and draft thank you letters, and update Salesforce with reporting deadlines;
- Track, manage and meet foundation reporting deadlines to assure compliance with funder reporting requirements;
- Provide program and finance team staff with appropriate advance notice of proposal and reporting deadlines and follow up to ensure requested materials are produced in a timely manner;
- Coordinate implementation of email blasts to funders with direction from senior members of the Foundation Team, using Salesforce.
- Manage the Foundation Team’s contact records in Salesforce database, running reports and analyzing results (e.g., for foundation email blasts and foundation RSVPs to events).
- Work with colleagues on Foundation and Communications teams to capture “best press” and other evidence of Ceres’ impact.
- Coordinate support for Ceres’ senior directors and executive’s development efforts, including:
- Track travel schedules of senior directors and executives to identify opportunities for donor visits;
- Join calls with Ceres senior program and executive staff to take notes and assist with timely follow up; and
- Coordinate preparation of briefing materials for meetings with foundation funders and prospects.
- Participate in the creation of the Foundation Team’s annual workplan, critical to Ceres’ growth.
- Assist with planning and logistics for the Ceres annual conference program and other events.
- Oversee special projects as assigned by the Senior Manager, Foundation Development.
- Strong writing and editing skills with demonstrated interest and aptitude in persuasive writing;
- Two to three years of work experience, in an office setting.
- One or more years of experience in a relevant field such as foundation fundraising/development desired;
- Excellent organizational abilities; demonstrated capacity to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, take precise notes, and work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of standard development practices and techniques, proposal writing, and prospect research. Experience in writing grant proposals is a strong plus;
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively;
- Passion for climate change, environmental and/or sustainability issues.
- Demonstrated interest in environmental and sustainability issues, a plus.
- Comfortable working with different personalities and people.
- Proficient using database systems, word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and e-mail computer applications (Salesforce, Google Suite, and MS Office Suite).
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter. Please apply through the Ceres website, https://www.ceres.org/about-us/career-opportunities.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
To learn more about this opportunity please visit the following URL: https://jobapply.page.link/pfZp →