Digital Marketing Specialist
Join a global community of leaders who believe there are business opportunities in solving societal challenges— creating what we call shared value for society and the private sector alike.
Operated by FSG—a global non-profit consulting firm that helps create social change— The Shared Value Initiative (the Initiative) shapes this emerging field though peer-to-peer exchange with Fortune 1000 companies, market intelligence, strategy & implementation support, and shared value advocacy. Learn more at www.sharedvalue.org. FSG’s Talent Rewire initiative facilitates and supports a learning community of employers and workforce partners interested in innovative best practices in recruitment, retention, and advancement of populations facing barriers to employment. We think of Talent Rewire as shared value in action. Learn more at www.talentrewire.org.
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial team member who can strengthen our communications activities and capacity to inform, influence and inspire our community of corporate, government, and civil society leaders through the delivery of high-quality digital content. This team member will have the opportunity to work across two related initiatives, the Shared Value Initiative and Talent Rewire, to further our missions. With primary oversight from the Initiative’s Senior Communications Manager, the Digital Marketing Specialist serves as a key contributor to the Initiative’s programming through event and communications support.
- Support the Shared Value Initiative and Talent Rewire online digital voices by publishing and curating content across social media channels
- Create and post effective social media content (images, video, and written)
- Lead event marketing for annual events and other gatherings
- Recommend and implement digital strategies across multiple channels including Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Monitor and stay up-to-date on trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy
- Produce quarterly report regarding progress and success of social media channels and other digital marketing activities
- Actively “listen” to and monitor news and digital conversations related to shared value, trends in workforce development, the role of companies in creating social impact and other relevant topics
- Track and identify opportunities for rapid response from Shared Value Initiative and Talent Rewire teams – recommend and develop response content as appropriate
- Identify and track opportunities to build visibility through industry conferences and other speaking opportunities
- Participate in and support the creation of compelling content to inform, influence and inspire new and existing audiences
- Assemble and send email marketing content including newsletters and event invitations
- Work with team members to create content for blogs, social media, newsletters and other outlets
- Maintain sharedvalue.org and talentrewire.org and recommend strategies and areas of improvement to drive performance
- Use Content Management Systems (CMS) to post website content
- Maintain registration sites for annual events
- Recommend Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies and implement them, including website organization, content, and inbound links
- Set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and track them regularly
- Interpret Google Analytics and create monthly reports
- 2 – 3 years of previous work experience in marketing, communications, or public relations
- Knowledge of and experience with managing social media platforms and performance metrics (Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn)
- Experience working with WordPress or a similar platform to manage website and track performance metrics
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) is valuable but not a necessity
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel; experience working in WebEx or similar teleconferencing systems a plus
- Experience with customer relationship management software and systems; knowledge of SalesForce is a plus
- Commitment to creating communications and content that reflect FSG’s vision of greater diversity, equity and inclusion
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail; ability to track multiple work streams effectively
- Effective communicator in a business setting, including professional phone manner, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to take initiative to get the job done and improve processes along the way
- May involve occasional travel (within the U.S. and potentially internationally) and work during unconventional hours for on-site events
- Passion for FSG’s mission to create large-scale, lasting social change; knowledge of the social sector preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but candidates will be evaluated on their full experience including work, volunteerism, internships, and education
This is a full-time position based in FSG’s Boston or Seattle office. We offer a competitive and equitable compensation package with the goal of attracting and retaining exceptional people. Salary bands are set according to an explicit compensation policy, and relevant market data is analyzed when setting bands for each role. We also offer a generous benefits package including: health insurance with 100% of premiums covered by FSG, 3 weeks paid vacation, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, cell phone stipend, disability and life insurance, and more.
Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for our US offices. In addition, we are unable to support the OPT Training Visa, as this visa will eventually require sponsorship.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter via the FSG careers page. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment and promotion opportunity regardless of ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
FSG is a mission-driven consulting firm. We are experienced advisors to corporate, foundation, and nonprofit/NGO leaders. Through our combination of customized consulting services, powerful insights, and ground-breaking initiatives, we help clients around the world create social impact.
FSG’s collaborative approach combines rigorous data analysis with facilitation and a passion for impact. We help companies design social impact strategies that strengthen their businesses, and we help funders and nonprofits develop and evaluate strategies that advance their missions. We’ve worked with clients such as the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, General Mills, Kaiser Permanente, and the Global Fund for Women to create social impact in health, economic development, education, and more.