Development Operations Manager
Website Handel and Haydn Society
Professional period instrument orchestra and chorus
The Development Operations Manager supports the Development Department with a focus on donor analysis and reporting, events management, oversight of the intern program, managing telefunding campaigns, and managing the Development usage of the Tessitura database. This position is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced team environment, gain hands-on experience, and learn valuable career-building skills.
Reports to: Director of Annual Giving
- Manage the Development Department’s use of the Tessitura database, coordinating its functions, and making and implementing recommendations for broadening the organization’s use of the system. Collaborate with the Box Office to reconcile records.
- Assist with regular reconciliation between Development and Finance records.
- Help plan pre- and post-concert receptions and offer support for all Development events including season opening and closing parties, working rehearsals, and private dinners.
- Provide key support in planning and implementation of The Society Ball, H+H’s annual gala, by arranging front of house, helping with logistics, and assisting with communications.
- Support the Gala Steering Committee by preparing materials and taking minutes at all meetings.
- Support the Development Committee by tracking and reporting on donor portfolios, preparing major donor lead sheets, compiling all materials for Development Committee meetings, and taking minutes at these meetings.
- Support the Major Gifts Task Force by preparing donor portfolios and meeting materials and taking minutes at Task Force meetings.
- Research patrons using a variety of online sources and H+H participation history to provide profiles with biographical data, philanthropic interests, past philanthropic gifts, etc.
- Recruit and supervise Development interns, typically one or two each semester and one in the summer
- Provide regular and accurate reports and donor analysis including weekly income update and major gift reports.
- Review the concert sponsors listing and other Development material in concert program books.
- Coordinate the production of Development collateral with the Marketing Department.
- Coordinate the department’s presence on H+H’s website and social media.
- Provide front of house support at all subscription concerts, and other concerts as needed and available.
- Work with the telefunding campaign consultant to manage the telefunding campaign. Produce all lead sheets, attend meetings with the Calling Campaign Manager, and recommend and implement strategies for pulling lead information from Tessitura.
- Provide clerical support to the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years development experience or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of Tessitura or similar fundraising database software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully interact with diverse groups of people
- Creativity and flexibility
- Professionalism in all settings
- Display initiative and excellent judgment
- Knowledge of classical music preferred
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as required for concerts and events
To learn more about this opportunity please visit the following URL: https://handelandhaydn.applicantpro.com/jobs/1006089.html →