Senior Director, Principal Gifts, University Development Office
Website Harvard University
Alumni Affairs and Development
We are seeking a Senior Director of Principal Gifts on the University Development Oﬃce team within Harvard Alumni Aﬀairs and Development.
- Manages a prospect portfolio of prospects with the capacity to give $25 million or more, with a focus on matching the prospects’ philanthropic interests with institutional needs and opportunities. Works closely with fundraisers and University service teams across Harvard to develop and manage engagement, solicitation and stewardship strategies for
- high capacity prospective donors. Meets expectations for metrics as deﬁned by the Senior Executive Director, Principal Gifts.
- The Senior Director, as a member of the UDO team, will personally engage potential donors in their portfolio, and also advise and serve as a thought partner to colleagues on strategies, including by serving as a former or informal member of a team in which another fundraiser is driving the strategy.
- Stays abreast of content that relates to academic and programmatic priorities across the University, particularly those of interest to the prospects in the principal gifts portfolio, and overall University news.
- Plans, staﬀs, and briefs senior academic administrators and faculty for substantive, strategic prospect/donor visits and events.
- Collaborates with colleagues on the resources teams to develop events, communications, and stewardship – for the cultivation, solicitations and stewardship needed to advance principal gifts.
- Travels as needed to cultivate, solicit, and steward donors.
- Works with volunteer leaders to advance prospect and donor activity.
- As a member of UDO, strives to meet departmental and University goals for fundraising, as part of a fundraising team that includes UDO international, initiatives, and planned giving.
- Represents UDO and Harvard with professionalism, collegiality, expertise, service, and grace. Exhibit Alumni Aﬀairs and Development (AA&D) values including transparency, honesty, integrity, and inclusion, in all dealings.
- The above covers the most signiﬁcant responsibilities of this position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, the inclusion of which would be in conformity with the level of the position.
To learn more about this position, click here.
To learn more about this opportunity please visit the following URL: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341#jobDetails=1528328_5341 →