Director of Development
New and info to help all families thrive
If you’re an organized and detail-oriented fundraising professional with a strong commitment to equity and a deep desire to make the world better for families, we’re looking for you.
Here’s some of the awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Develop and implement the fundraising plan to ensure ParentsTogether achieves its financial goals.
- Create, implement and maintain fundraising and development systems.
- Work closely with the Executive Team and Consultants on all development, messaging, marketing, events, branding, and positioning efforts for the organization.
- Manage the creation of all donor materials. This includes drafting and editing materials such as briefing documents, grant applications, grant reports and other materials.
- Identify and research prospects including individuals, organizations, foundations and donation programs.
- Build and steward relationships with all current and prospective donors, the current focus is mainly on foundations, institutional gifts and a small number of major gifts from individuals.
- Work with other ParentsTogether staff to ensure donations are processed, acknowledged and tracked appropriately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You’ll likely be a great fit if you have:
- At least 5+ years of direct fundraising and development experience in non-profit or political organizations.
- Experience working directly with donors, senior-level executives and Board Members.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communications skills and an ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and seeks direction as needed.
- Comfortable in a startup environment, is able to identify needs and create systems to satisfy them.
- Experience working with nonprofits, advocacy groups, and/or political organizations. Experience working with c4s in addition to c3s is desired but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Workplace.
- Are flexible and can adapt to changing needs.
- Think experimentally and can take a learning approach to our work.
- Care about transforming the lives of children and families.
This is a full time role. Schedule and geography are flexible as long as you are generally available for a good chunk of the 12 – 5 PM ET window on most weekdays. Salary ranges from $97,500 – $130,000 depending on experience.
This position reports to the Executive Director, and does not currently manage staff. This position will possibly manage staff in the future, if the budget allows.
HOW TO APPLY
Please include the following info and submit using https://www.careers-page.com/parents-together-foundation.
- Resume or CV
- A letter telling us why you’d be successful in this role
Reach out to Louisa Farley at email@example.com with any questions.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
ParentsTogether is a community of over 3 million parents and grandparents working together to make the world a better place for children and families. Currently operating with a $5M annual budget, ParentsTogether aims to be a $10M organization.
We are a small-but-growing, nimble team innovating across platforms–from Facebook Messenger to TikTok–to provide timely, relevant content that matters to families. We also use those same channels to organize parents to speak out in favor of economic justice, pandemic relief, public education, affordable childcare, kids’ health, racial justice, protection for immigrant families, and other important priorities.
As an organization, we are collaborative and work to solve challenges together. We have a positive, low-ego, low-drama work culture. All of us love our work and are driven to help ParentsTogether succeed. Our strategy framework is based on lean startup principles. We try out ideas quickly, see what works, and iterate.
At ParentsTogether, we have an intersectional analysis and believe that building a multiracial, cross-class parent movement is non-negotiable. We are actively working to build a diverse team of staff and contractors; people of color, people from poor and working class backgrounds, LGBTQ folks, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based upon gender, race, national origin, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression.
To learn more about this opportunity please visit the following URL: https://www.careers-page.com/parents-together-foundation/job/QX64RYW3 →