RISD Fund Officer
Website Rhode Island School of Design
Rhode Island School of Design is a private, nonprofit college fo
Rhode Island School of Design seeks a talented professional to join the Office of Institutional Engagement. The RISD Fund Officer employs customer relationship management skills to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new and existing donors in support of the RISD Fund which encourages unrestricted and designated, current use gifts. Concentrating efforts on securing annual gifts from alumni, parents, and friends, the RISD Fund Officer develops an annual plan to cultivate and solicit a portfolio of 150 prospective and current donors for membership in the 1877 Society ($2,500 or more) and Parents’ Council ($5,000 or more). Conducting at least 150 personal visits annually, this position creates personalized engagement plans for each assigned prospect and works collaboratively with the Alumni Relations team in leveraging Alumni Association and with the Executive Director, RISD Fund for 1877 Society and Parents’ Council cultivation opportunities to engage and steward donors. The RISD Fund Officer also plays a vital role in building the pipeline for the College by assessing the giving capacity and philanthropic interests of assigned individuals and recommending those with major gift capacity ($100,000 or more) for assignment to Philanthropy Officers who will cultivate these donors for multi-year commitments.
- Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned prospective donors through face-to-face visits, engagement events, and other means. Tasked with personally executing solicitations and closing gifts to secure annual leadership gifts of $2,500 or more for unrestricted and designated, current use purposes.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of 150 prospective and current donors.
- Develop and execute an annual solicitation plan for submitted proposals and gift closures providing gift projections of commitments.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of personal contacts with assigned prospects, creating moves management plans related to them that include strategies of engagement and solicitations.
- Collaborate with the Alumni Relations team and Executive Director, RISD Fund to leverage appropriate Alumni Association, 1877 Society, and Parents’ Council events and volunteer opportunities for select prospective and current donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- One or more years of fundraising (or related sales) experience devising and executing face-to-face solicitations.
- Proven ability to communicate and present persuasively, build relationships and influence others.
- Strong organizational and database skills.
(continued on career site)