TSNE MissionWorks (formerly Third Sector New England) (www.tsne.org) is a management support organization that partners every year with hundreds of nonprofits, foundations, community-based groups, and others working for social change. Our mission is to provide information and services to build the knowledge, power, and effectiveness of individuals, organizations, and groups that engage people in community and public life. The ultimate intention of our work is to create a more just and democratic society.
We assist a wide range of organizations in the social sector with a mix of management support and capacity building services in consulting, financial and grants management, business administration, human resources, compensation and benefits administration, professional development training and research in nonprofit fields of practice.
As a leading voice and capacity builder in the nonprofit sector, TSNE MissionWorks is committed to learning and building our practices and values around diversity, inclusion and equity, and working in a culturally proficient way with our staff and the organizations and communities we serve. We actively cultivate a work environment that values the experiences of individuals in an open-minded and collaborative atmosphere.
The Evaluation Manager will serve as the lead evaluator of TSNE MissionWorks’ client services, programs, and strategic initiatives. This includes designing and managing an organizational evaluation framework, analyzing large quantitative and qualitative data using statistical analyses and effectively communicating key findings to both internal and external stakeholders. The Evaluation Manager will specialize in creating and overseeing an organizational-wide evaluation system that allows TSNE MissionWorks’ to continuously assess the operational effectiveness, quality, and impact of its work. This person will coordinate all of the organization’s evaluations and lead efforts to assess, synthesize, and communicate evaluation findings. The Evaluation Manager will also collaborate with department leaders to co-create aligned performance measures, effective data collection tools, and streamlined information gathering processes. Additionally, this person will support the Director of Learning and Evaluation in launching effective practices for collecting, analyzing, and actualizing evaluation findings in order to continuously improve the quality and impact of the TSNE MissionWorks’ work. The Evaluation Manager will eventually serve an external resource to clients. Lastly, the Evaluation Manager will provide ongoing training and supports in order to develop individuals’ learning and evaluation capacities.
Organizational and Program Evaluation – 75%
- Serve as the lead evaluator for the portfolio of all services, programs, and strategic initiatives’;
- Design and oversee evaluation strategies, standards, and frameworks across all services to ensure alignment with the organization’s overall outcomes and mission;
- Conduct developmental, formative, and summative evaluations for all services, programs, and strategic initiatives in partnership with department heads;
- Manage all activities related to evaluation in accordance to organizational strategic goals and priorities;
- Partner with department leaders and program managers to determine service quality, operational effectiveness, and impact-related performance indicators;
- Collaborate with the Director of Learning and Evaluation to further develop organizational strategies and processes related to evaluation;
- Develop, implement, and oversee internal systems for conducting ongoing outcome assessments that support continuous improvement in collaboration with department leaders and business systems staff;
- Create and coordinate the organizational implementation of mixed methodology evaluative tools, such as pre-and post-intervention assessments, focus group protocols, survey/questionnaire instruments, and others;
- Conduct comprehensive statistical analysis of qualitative and quantitative data while interpreting and integrating key findings into organizational and programmatic efforts;
- Conduct research-related activities as needed, including literature reviews and environmental scans and reading and synthesizing published studies;
- Report on organizational and program outcomes that inform budgetary, strategic, and programmatic decisions;
- Stay current and engaged in the evaluation field to ensure knowledge of key trends, best practices, innovation and access to high quality evaluation resources.
Program Planning and Support – 25%
- In partnership with leaders, implement programmatic learning practices and processes that help staff identify actionable insights;
- Assist in fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement by facilitating data-based group learning practices, such as data gallery walks;
- Train program staff in learning and evaluation best practices and procedures;
- Develop data-driven recommendations and evaluative findings, including promising practices and current challenges;
- Collaborate with the Communications team to prepare periodic publications to promote the impact of programs to key stakeholders and the general public;
- Write assessment and key learnings reports;
Present and disseminate evaluation results to internal and external audiences.
- Undertake other tasks that are consistent with the position, as assigned by supervisor.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- At least eight years’ work experience in an applied program evaluation role;
- Experience implementing mixed-methodology evaluations; experience evaluating capacity-building or technical assistance initiatives is preferred;
- Experience developing and launching evaluation tools, including but not limited to pre- and post-assessments, questionnaires/surveys, interview protocols, focus group protocols, etc.;
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and managing data from multiple sources; including conducting descriptive and inferential statistical analyses;
- Demonstrated experience in designing and facilitating group learning activities;
- Strong written and analytical skills including the ability to synthesize and write about data for non-academic audiences;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working with a diverse group of internal staff and clients;
- A strong commitment to excellence with a focus on the work of mission orientated
- Ability to pay close and accurate attention to detail;
- Ability to juggle tasks and multiple priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
- A creative and innovative problem-solver;
- Ability to both work and problem solve independently, and work well in a team;
- Proficient in Microsoft software suite; SPSS, Stata or other data analysis tool; Tableau or other data aggregation and visualization systems; Salesforce or other CRM systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly and enthusiastically;
- Demonstrated cultural competency and understanding of the value of diversity in the workplace, with an ability to work collaboratively with people of diverse backgrounds, traditions, customs and personalities.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. Work isperformed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend; and position self (to), move.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards.
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight.
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
TSNE MissionWorks envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
To learn more about this opportunity please visit the following URL: https://careers-tsne.icims.com/jobs/1433/evaluation-manager/job →