Startup Institute is seeking an experienced sales professional to serve as the head of our new business development team. As the Director of Business Development you will be tasked with leading the charge in taking the company to it’s next level of growth. You will be responsible for researching product-market fit, establishing overall B2B strategy, and growing sales through B2B initiatives and partnerships with higher ed institutions, top-tier corporations, growing tech companies, and more. You will be motivated by the opportunity to significantly impact the direction of the company by building a new revenue channel and increasing Startup Institute’s overall impact on the innovation economy.
You will forge partnerships with some of the world’s top organizations by introducing Startup Institute as the go-to company for finding, training, and retaining top innovation talent. B2B product offerings will include training packages for companies to send their current employees to our part-time program, customized on-site trainings, hackathons, and innovation consulting services. Responsibilities will include owning the entire B2B funnel, developing new relationships, and leveraging your network to expand ours.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a history of exceptional talent for consultative sales, revenue growth, ability to hit aggressive targets, and finding creative solutions to complex client needs.
– 10+ years proven experience in enterprise sales, consultative sales, or strategic partnerships
– Experience in corporate training and talent development
– Exceptionally process driven and organized
– Goal-oriented with a track record for exceeding quotas
– Ability to thrive amidst ambiguity and adapt to customer feedback
– Outstanding communication skills and ability to influence others internally and externally
– Polished demeanor and a demonstrated ability to work with management at Fortune 500 companies
– Competitive, yet conscientious personality
– Experience in early or growth-stage startups a plus
– Experience in edtech or higher education a plus
We’re a mission-driven company looking for people who are hungry to work hard, make a difference, and grow within the organization. Our offerings are rapidly expanding and career advancement opportunities are available to those who are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and be a leader. If you’re competitive, compassionate, eager to grow professionally, and ready to change lives, Startup Institute is the place for you.