The Development Coordinator carries out the daily administrative operations of Boston Harbor Now’s fundraising department. This position reports to the Development Operations Manager and helps achieve our annual fundraising goals. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, technologically savvy, an excellent communicator (verbal and written), adept problem solver, and team player with a passion for Boston Harbor.
This full-time position with benefits is based in downtown Boston. They will be required to travel occasionally for business in the Boston Metro area and to the Boston Harbor Islands. The Development Coordinator may occasionally be required to shift their weekly schedule to work weekends or evenings.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Produce timely donor acknowledgements
- Accurately input donations in Salesforce database, including appropriately recording the donor information, source of the gift, relevant gift details, and digital scans of documents
- Maintain a high level of data quality, including identifying potential duplicate records and updating contact information on an ongoing basis
- Assist the Development Operations Manager and Vice President of Institutional Advancement in scheduling meetings and distributing documents
- Regularly correspond with donors and potential donors while representing the organization in a professional manner
- Carry out daily mail operations including retrieving mail from the offsite PO Box
Maintain supplies of office materials like stationery and postage stamps
- Assist with fundraising events by preparing letters, name badges, and event materials and assisting with registration
- Assist in creation, presentation, and follow-up of development presentations and other fundraising communications
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Training and professional experience in Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite, including Gmail, Docs, Drive, and Calendar, to manage appointments, document sharing, and digital collaboration
- Proficiency in advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred including vlookup function, filters, and formulas
- Ability to maintain high level of donor confidentiality
- Demonstrated skills in organization and communication in an office setting and responding to donor or customer communications
- Problem solving skills and ability to present possible solutions to supervisor
- Prior fundraising experience in a job, internship, or volunteer role a plus
About Boston Harbor Now
Boston Harbor Now works at the intersection of people and nature to advocate for open space, public infrastructure, and private sector development that will enhance public access to the Harbor and protect the City from the impacts of climate change. We seek to activate the Harbor, reconnect it with Boston’s neighborhoods, and protect water-dependent uses. And we build and broaden the constituency for the Harbor by engaging people through diverse programs — getting them down to the waterfront and out to the Harbor Islands.
How to Apply
Please email a cover letter and résumé as a single pdf attachment to email@example.com and include “Development Coordinator” in the email subject line. Letters may be addressed to Jack Garvey, Development Operations Manager. No phone calls please.