Website Raw Art Works
RAW is a youth arts organization, rooted in art therapy. At its core, RAW believes that all kids should be seen and heard and that everyone has a story to tell. Located in Lynn, Massachusetts, RAW offers a variety of free programming for kids ages 7-19. RAW uses art to ask kids “what is really going on” in their lives and gives them the tools to create in unexpected ways, envision new possibilities, and transform their world.
Development Associate Position Summary
RAW is seeking a motivated Development Associate to effectively and efficiently support RAW’s five-person development team. This is an excellent, entry-level opportunity for someone interested in fundraising and arts administration to work with us to raise more than $2.2MM annually! Reporting to the Director of Development, the candidate will work with both our institutional and individual giving teams, primarily supporting events and communications, as well as providing administrative support. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and consistently meet deadlines. We are looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm, and commitment, who holds themselves to a high standard. This is a full-time role that includes evenings and weekends as needed.
Events and Visits
- Provide a high level of administrative and logistical support for major and other fundraising events, including an annual alumni art auction
- Coordinate and prepare a welcoming environment for site visits with funders and donors
- Create welcoming environments with aesthetic appeal for all events and visits
- Prepare personalized and accurate donor gift acknowledgment letters and pledge reminders
- Assist in production and delivery of direct mail appeals and communications
- Maintain organization of photo system
- Take photos as needed in support of “telling the RAW story”
- Create content and post regularly to social media channels
- Manage inventory of all electronic and hard copy marketing materials
- Track and manage funder/donor recognition system
Donor Database and Administration
- Maintain donor database with strong attention to detail
- Prepare and export segmented list for donor communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work and manage stress under deadlines
- Previous experience, including internships and volunteer, in non-profit and community facing organizations is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word and Excel
- Previous donor database experience (ResultsPlus) is highly desired
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and reliable transportation or willingness to drive the company van
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, with the subject line “Development Associate” to: firstname.lastname@example.org