Website Raw Art Works
RAW is a youth arts organization, rooted in art therapy. At its core, RAW believes that all kids should be seen and heard and that everyone has a story to tell. Located in Lynn, Massachusetts, RAW offers a variety of free programming for kids ages 7-19. RAW uses art to ask kids “what is really going on” in their lives and gives them the tools to create in unexpected ways, envision new possibilities, and transform their world.
RAW is seeking a self-motivated development professional who works within a team and in partnership with program staff to meet the organization’s foundation, corporate, and government grants annual revenue targets. This is a full-time position. The Grants Manager will work under the guidance of the Director of Development to generate grant funding from private, community, and family foundations as well as corporate and government grant funders. On a given year, grants are responsible for 45-50% of our overall operating budget, which is approximately $2.2MM and growing. We are looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm, and commitment, who holds themselves to a high standard of craft and productivity.
Primary Responsibility – Foundation, Corporate and Government Grant Funding
- Develop well-researched, tailored, and high-impact proposals, reports, and other grant-related deliverables through authentic, effective and compelling communication in a voice that reflects RAW’s mission, programs and goals.
- Work closely with program staff to strategize around grant opportunities and determine proposal deliverables.
- Work in collaboration with key staff to develop proposal components, e.g. budgets, attachments, supporting documents, etc.
- Leverage existing systems and engage Director of Development, Executive Director, other senior staff, and youth to schedule and orchestrate meetings and site visits with funders and strategize the most impactful visit formats.
- The Grants Manager regularly represents the organization at external meetings and builds new partnerships with funders and collaborators.With guidance from Director of Development, monitor all operations related to grant funding from foundations as well as corporate and government funders, including prospect research and developing strategies.
- Also monitor the annual calendar of proposals, letters of inquiry and reports submitted to local, regional and national funders, including complex program and organizational budgets.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in foundation, corporate, and government relations.
- Familiarity with funding community in Greater Boston and beyond.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Internet skills and computer literacy in word processing, spreadsheets, and database management and gift processing (Results Plus)
- Exceptional level of personal organization and attention to detail, with strong project and process planning skills (systems)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and on a range of time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Occasional evening and weekend event support. Must have reliable transportation
Educational Requirement: Bachelor’s degree preferred. A wide range of disciplines is acceptable.
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and 2-3 grant proposal samples with the subject line “Grants Manager” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about this opportunity email your details to email@example.com