Engagement Data and Volunteer Coordinator
Give. Volunteer. Live United
About United Way:
We unite to create positive, lasting change for people in need. We call it harnessing the power of people working together. And that means everyone – individuals, nonprofits, companies, and government agencies.
We work every day to achieve our vision and mission by focusing on two foundations of better lives: Financial Opportunity and Educational Success. Specifically:
Financial Opportunity: Ensuring that all families have safe housing, healthy food, and quality childcare. That they have jobs that allow them to support themselves and their families. And that they have access to financial tools and coaching to help build a better future.
Educational Success: Preparing children to enter school ready to learn, develop critical social and academic skills, and get the support they need to stay in school and graduate.
You are the key to making this shared vision a reality. Your gifts become critical funding for ground-breaking initiatives and best-in-class partnerships with nonprofit agencies throughout our region, your time and talents fuel the engine for change; your friends, family, and colleagues are the army of difference-makers who positively impact lives.
That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.
UWMB is seeking an Engagement Data & Volunteer Coordinator to support the implementation and growth of United Way’s engagement programs, objectives, and strategies. The Coordinator will develop and manage a variety of data sets that support the objectives of retention and growth of United Way donors and volunteers. S/he will be responsible for supporting the engagement team with research and reports that support United Way strategies to manage and grow our volunteer and donor base.
The Coordinator will also support the relationships and logistics associated with implementing United Way’s year-round engagement opportunities. The Coordinator must have the ability to manage data and volunteers, and work collaboratively across departments within the organization.
The Engagement Data & Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for supporting all data needs of the engagement team. Specifically, the Coordinator will be expected to:
* Maintain and enter accurate information within the Andar database and run all engagement reports on a regular basis.
* Develop quantitative insights on the statistical data of volunteer and donor engagement trends, volunteer to donor conversion and financial performance of engagement opportunities.
* Manipulate large data sets and create models using tools like Excel, SQL, SAS or similar.
* Incorporate findings into business/executive presentations and create business recommendations based on quantitative insights.
* Engage in brainstorming for implications of data with team members, manager, and others across the organization.
* Support the development of donor journey mapping.
* Support staff across the organization in understanding data implications as it relates to driving revenue.
2. Ongoing Engagement Opportunities
The Coordinator is responsible for supporting strategic, year-round engagement of volunteers and donors in United Way’s work. Specifically, the Coordinator will be expected to:
* Support registration and all data needs, including analysis, for Board Connection.
* Support the Youth Venture volunteer experience including communications related to volunteer recruitment, providing support to volunteer mentors and volunteer training.
* Manage all aspects of Vello, an online volunteer tutoring program, including recruitment, training, and support of volunteers, evaluation, data, and reporting.
* Provide volunteer, event and administrative support to the Marian L Heard Scholars program.
* Work with AVP of Engagement to develop goals and set strategies that increase revenue through year-round engagement opportunities and conduct return on investment analysis.
* Work with Community Impact Division to provide tracking and data management for all volunteer opportunities.
3. Personal Leadership
The Coordinator will be expected to inspire the trust and confidence of others in the organization and external volunteers with whom s/he interacts. The position requires the ability to collaborate with a diverse team of professionals, including peers within the Department and cross-functionally, and other partners. Specifically, the Coordinator will be expected to:
* Gain the confidence and trust of others through strong follow through and volunteer management practices.
* Learn and develop from personal experience and from others.
* Foster a sense of energy, ownership, and personal connection to the work, the communities we serve, and our volunteers.
* Lead by example and demonstrate UW’s core values in all internal and external relationships.
* Bachelor Degree in related field required; comparable experience considered.
* 1-3 years of experience in data management and analysis. Experience in volunteer management a plus.
* Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
* Strong analytical and modeling skills
* Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, interpersonal, public speaking and presentation skills required.
* Proficiency in database applications required — in a fundraising setting preferred.
* Project management skills – proven ability to schedule, plan, track and complete complex projects on time.
* Cultural competency: must possess the ability to work with a diverse group of internal and external individuals, agencies, causes, and businesses.
* Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in order to meet deadlines.
* High-energy individual who takes initiative, has a positive outlook, a sense of humor, and the ability to thrive in a changing environment.
* Proven ability to collaborate and be successful working with cross-functional teams.
* Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multitask, persistent in follow up, able to meet tight deadlines and interact with all levels of personnel.
* Commitment to excellence and the mission of United Way and providing a world-class experience.
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD FORWARD RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley
Human Resources Coordinator
51 Sleeper Street, Boston MA 02210
For information on additional opportunities, please go to www.unitedwaymassbay.org