Director of Annual Fund and Opportunity Society Giving
Reporting to the National Director of Development, the Director of Annual Fund and Opportunity Society Giving will oversee the creation and distribution of appeals and stewardship materials for donors of all levels and lead our strategy to acquire, renew, and upgrade Opportunity Society (OS) donors giving less than $25,000 per year. The Director of Annual Fund and OS Giving will be responsible for managing a group of frontline fundraisers and supporting their efforts to grow Year Up’s donor base of supporters across the country.
As an ideal candidate, you have experience with supporter level, or annual fund, and mid-level fundraising, creating and implementing cultivation and stewardship strategies, project management, and marketing or communications. To be successful in this position, you have a knack for creating strategy and action plans based on data and research and possess a customer-service approach to working with colleagues. In addition, you are someone who is creative, highly detail-oriented, has technical experience working with donor databases, and practical experience in collaborating across functions and geographies, including with marketing and technology professionals.
The Director of Annual Fund and OS Giving will also have the opportunity to interact with Year Up students as a coach, group facilitator, and advocate, participating in building a positive educational environment.
- Opportunity Society
- Drive the growth and development of the Opportunity Society, Year Up’s individual giving circle
- Increase Opportunity Society membership, improve donor retention, and increase contributions from Opportunity Society members
- Oversee production of collateral, communications, reporting and other tools to drive the Opportunity Society program
- Research and implement new ideas to grow the Opportunity Society
- Ensure consistent delivery of Opportunity Society stewardship and recognition benefits across the network
- Support creation of comprehensive stewardship strategies in conjunction with Donor Engagement team and Data Systems and Reporting including but not limited to tax receipts, first time donor welcome, and more
- Manage a small portfolio of donors
- Annual Fund Giving
- Lead direct-response programs for supporter and mid-level donors in conjunction with Marketing colleagues; determine donor audience segments in conjunction with Development leadership
- Create and maintain toolkits and materials related to peer-to-peer giving and Employee Giving Campaigns
- Research and implement industry best practices to grow annual giving year-over-year
- Work closely with Alumni Relations Team to grow alumni participation in giving
- Assess and implement tools and strategies to help drive Annual Fund results
- Management and Leadership
- Supervise Opportunity Society giving fundraisers in multiple geographies and support their achievement of personal and team-wide goals
- Facilitate regular conversations and cross-site calls or trainings for direct reports and all fundraisers related to Opportunity Society or Mid-Level giving tactics and best practices
- Serve as team-wide expert on and advocate for Annual and Mid-Level giving practices
- Site Team/Learning Community Member
- Serve as a coach/mentor for a small number of current students.
- Participate in team staff meetings and trainings.
- 6-7+ years of professional work experience preferred
- Prior experience in a management role; skilled at managing staff and leadership, as well as building and mentoring teams across geographies.
- Donor database experience required, with a preference for Salesforce.com experience
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office required, especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with direct mail and email preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills with excellent follow up and follow through
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time
- An unwavering attention to detail and aptitude for information management required
- Flexibility, creativity, and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as needed
- Excellent organizational and written skills
- A passion for working with young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Salary Structure : 98,000 – 114,367
To learn more about this opportunity please visit the following URL: https://yearup.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/YearUp/details/Director-of-Annual-Fund-and-Opportunity-Society-Giving_R2369?jobFamilyGroup=251bf02977f5018a4b02826074183905 →