Website Handel and Haydn Society
Period instrument orchestra and chorus
The Development Coordinator supports the Development Department and the H+H office with a focus on gift processing, data entry, communications and direct mail campaigns, as well as event planning. The Development Coordinator will also provide support for the Director of Annual Giving, Vice President of Development, Senior Philanthropy Officer, and Major Gifts Officer as they identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of 250 major gift prospects for the Handel and Haydn Society.
Reports to: Director of Annual Giving
- Process, acknowledge, and file all gifts and pledges made to H+H.
- Draft, mail, and track in Tessitura acknowledgement letters for all gifts.
- Oversee preparation of event invitations, direct mail and major gift appeals, telefunding pledge fulfillment materials, and other development communications.
- Compile distribution lists, prepare materials, and assemble mailings.
- Maintain development content in the Tessitura database.
- Process all updates, track communications and patron activity, and export information from the database as needed for reports and communications.
- Provide on-site support for special events and front of house support for all subscription concerts.
- Take RSVPs and respond to questions regarding all Development and Major Gifts related events.
- Produce donor lists for concert program books and other materials.
- Create VIP concert seating lists.
- Send out weekly major gifts update to the Development and Senior Staff team.
- Prepare monthly fundraising benchmarks and development year-end financial analysis and events audit.
- Establish and maintain the portfolio tracking system for overall management of major gift prospects assigned to Vice President of Development, Senior Philanthropy Officer, and President/CEO. Manage this system and all updates and reports as needed.
- Provide general support for Vice President of Development, Senior Philanthropy Officer, and Major Gifts Officer when it relates to the stewardship of high end donors.
- Schedule and prepare materials for volunteer Planned Giving Task Force meetings, attend selected meetings, take and distribute meeting notes, and notify committee members when gifts are received.
- Support and assist with special communications, including mailings, appeals, event invitations, and email correspondence with portfolio prospects.
- Work with the Major Gifts Officer to manage the production and distribution of the quarterly Crescendo newsletter
- Provide administrative support for the 1815 Society planned giving program, including maintaining and updating donor list, sending acknowledgements and other communications, maintaining files, and other tasks as needed.
- Coordinate and execute the annual 1815 Society appreciation luncheon.
- Prepare all reports required by the department for H+H’s annual audit process.
- Serve as a back-up member of the Box Office team to answer calls and process ticket sales.
- Assist in the management of Development Department interns.
- Provide clerical support to the Development Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree
- Minimum one year prior development experience or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Tessitura, or similar fundraising database software strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Impeccable organizational and time management skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully interact with diverse groups of people
- Creativity and flexibility
- Professionalism in all settings
- Display initiative and excellent judgment
- Knowledge of classical music preferred
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as required for concerts and events
Salary is commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package included.
Position requires occasional lifting of heavy printed materials, large boxes and retail merchandise as well as the repetitive, daily use of a computer. The Handel and Haydn Society is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace by maintaining a staff that represents the traditions and voices of contemporary Boston. Interviews will not be scheduled until we have a diverse pool of candidates from which to select.
Please submit your resume and cover letter.